In today's adoptions, you can know your child and be a part of your child's life. You can have the peace of knowing your child is loved and cared for by the couple you choose.
Open adoption allows you to:
- Stay in touch with your child, and know that s/he has a good life. You will get constant reaffirmation that made the very best decision for your baby and gave him/her a life with parents who could provide.
- Stay in school, complete your education,
- Reach for your life goals, live out your plans,
- Parent later, when things are more secure and you’re ready,
- Avoid the financial burden of parenting,
- Decide whether you want to have a long-term relationship with the baby’s father,
Every woman's situation is different, and only you can decide what is best in your case. If you are trying to decide if adoption is the right option for you, you may find it helpful to meet with a counselor or Social Worker.